We are a highly skilled, passionate and responsive team. However, we recognise that the best practices in research, implementation and evaluation won’t combine to deliver better outcomes for children if we work in isolation.
How we work
The Parenting Research Centre seeks better outcomes for children by increasing effectiveness and innovation in the way families are supported in their parenting.
Our focus is on delivering tailored, outcomes-focused solutions based on the best available evidence. We do this by working collaboratively with our clients: governments and community organisations in the fields of health, education, welfare, disability, child protection and family support. See our current list of clients.
What we offer
We help our clients to solve problems and achieve their intended outcomes by:
- undertaking rigorous analytical, evaluation and quality improvement research
- making evidence accessible and useful to decision makers through best-practice knowledge synthesis, translation and exchange
- improving service quality and effectiveness with evidence-informed practice design and implementation support.
The kind of organisation we are
We are a leading intermediary organisation that brings scientific rigour to the practical task of improving the quality and effectiveness of services and supports provided to children and families. Read more about how we have designed, adapted, implemented and applied rigorous evaluation approaches to parenting support: explore our case studies and resources.
We are an independent, nonprofit organisation supported by government funding and fee for service.
Our policy on quality
At PRC we are committed to working together to continually improve the services that we provide to our customers and community. In order to achieve this we will:
- consistently understand and meet our customers' and community's needs and expectations
- work in partnership with stakeholders, our staff, customers, collaborators and service providers
- maintain among our staff a culture that encourages teamwork and meeting our quality objectives
- maintain certification to ISO 9001 (Quality Management System - Requirements).
Our commitment to quality is driven by the Board and senior management and extends to everybody in the organisation.