We want to work with like-minded people who wish to:
- seek and share scientific knowledge on effective parenting
- develop research-based, non-judgemental solutions to contemporary parenting challenges
- provide leadership on parenting issues for policymakers, practitioners and the community
- connect with a wide range of talents, skills and abilities
- take advantage of good administrative systems and practices.
We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. We list any upcoming positions on this page, so please check back often for updates. We also recommend that you follow our LinkedIn page where we also post new vacancies.
Parenting Research Centre Human Research Ethics Committee
The PRC’s Human Research Ethics Committee was established to consider and review the ethical implications of proposed research and evaluation projects undertaken by our organisation. It serves as an advisory body to the Chief Executive Officer with responsibility to ensure research and evaluation projects involving human participants are ethically acceptable and in accordance with relevant standards and guidelines.
The committee is composed of members with backgrounds in professional care, pastoral care, law and research. It also has members who do not have any affiliation or do not engage in medical, scientific, legal or academic work. Members review application documents and meet once a month with a set agenda. Meetings are scheduled on the second Friday in the month.
The PRC HREC is registered with the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC).
A Human Research Ethics Committee member is expected to:
- Become familiar with the NHMRC National Statement for the review of research and evaluation proposals
- Prepare for and attend monthly meetings or provide feedback if unavailable (except January each year)
- Review other related ethics application documents such as amendments to approved research or new expedited applications
- Coordinate with committee members and secretariat as necessary.
For more information about current vacancies contact:
Human Resources Manager
P: +61 3 8660 3541
For information on our location and how to reach us visit Contact Us.