We want to work with like-minded people who wish to:
- seek and share scientific knowledge on effective parenting
- develop research-based, non-judgemental solutions to contemporary parenting challenges
- provide leadership on parenting issues for policymakers, practitioners and the community
- connect with a wide range of talents, skills and abilities
- take advantage of good administrative systems and practices.
Strategic Communications Manager
- Part time or Full time (4-5 days)
- Melbourne OR Sydney
About the Opportunity
We now have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and proactive Strategic Communications Manager to join the team in Melbourne or Sydney.
Reporting to the Director, Policy and Practice and working closely with the CEO and executive team, this critical role will be responsible for leading a small team to develop and implement integrated marketing, media and communication strategies. The focus will be on supporting the organisation’s business development work, while also increasing its ability to influence policy conversations about parenting support.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include:
- Developing and implementing the Centre’s annual strategic communications plan
- Managing the Parenting Research Centre, raisingchildren.net.au and other flagship brands in accordance with existing policies and philosophies
- Overseeing and supporting all Parenting Research Centre and raisingchildren.net.au media engagement (both proactive and reactive)
- Providing communications and stakeholder management advice to key organisational projects (i.e. acting as an internal consultant).
- Overseeing the successful running and promotion of corporate events.
- Providing purposeful, tailored writing for a range of internal and external audiences.
To be considered for this role, you will hold tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Journalism). You’ll also have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a range of marketing, branding, advertising, media and publicity strategies. Previous experience working in the non -profit sector and digital media strategy experience will be highly regarded.
You will have a strong record in managing projects relating to marketing and stakeholder engagement activities, as well as excellent writing skills allowing you to produce a high volume of tailored written pieces for a range of audiences.
All applicants must be willing to undergo a National Police Check before commencing.
What you’ll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing and Communications professional to enhance the profile of a non-profit organisation that is making a real difference to Australian children and their families. You will also receive a competitive annual salary and have access to professional development opportunities within a flexible, supportive and values-driven workplace.
You will have the opportunity to lead and develop a small team and have the satisfaction of seeing your work directly impact on the future growth of our organisation.
Please note: Applications close 5pm Sunday 17th November, 2019
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our team. We list any upcoming positions on this page, so please check back often for updates. We also recommend that you follow our LinkedIn page where we also post new vacancies.
For more information about current vacancies contact:
Human Resources Manager
P: +61 3 8660 3541
For information on our location and how to reach us visit Contact Us.