Parenting Today in Victoria: a comprehensive survey
Title: Parenting Today in Victoria
Author: Parenting Research Centre
The Parenting Today in Victoria survey is the most comprehensive look at the concerns, needs and behaviours of Victorian parents ever conducted. We asked 2600 parents more than 100 questions – and what we found will fill important gaps in our knowledge about how parents are coping and their relationships with their children.
The survey also provides valuable information from one of the largest groups of fathers ever surveyed on parenting.
Understanding how parents are faring is critical to delivering better outcomes for children because evidence shows there is a powerful connection between parent wellbeing and child wellbeing.
Parenting Today in Victoria delivers important information to those designing policy and delivering services. As we continue to collect this information over time, we will be able to measure progress and provide the information needed to develop tools and interventions that support parents and families.
- Read our key findings graphic snapshot (PDF, 1.39MB)
- Read the Parenting Today in Victoria Key Findings Report (PDF, 2.13MB)
- Read the Parenting Today in Victoria Technical Report (2.55MB)
- Read the Research brief: Focus on fathers (PDF, 270KB)
- Read the Research brief: Parenting children with additional needs (PDF, 249KB)
- Read the Research brief: Parenting with disadvantage (PDF, 244KB)
- Read the Research brief: Parenting support in the early years (PDF, 442KB)
- Read the media release
- Follow the conversation on Twitter #VicParentsToday